This has been a long and challenging school year. One which has had me questioning why I became a teacher and do I want to continue on this path. So, this weeks assignment was well timed as I reflect on the year and what is to come.
As I was commiserating with a colleague about how difficult this year was she helped me to identify those little things that make me smile and enjoy what I do (even when I have had the year from @*#$).
I get excited and energized by my "love bugs" in first grade.
I have a core group of students who want to spend their lunch with me. In fact, today, I made slime with that bunch.
I can walk through the hallways and get lots of hugs and high fives.
I get "OMG" and excitedness when I teach them a new coding trick.
There are so many things that I enjoy about teaching, that can get overshadowed by the negative things. However, creating this video helped to refocus me for the last three weeks of school. I have come this far, I will survive until the end. Then, I can recharge, and prepare to do it all over again.
As a side note, I created this video using Adobe Spark. It is an ideal tool for elementary students to quickly and easily create a video to show what they know about a topic. The learning curve is minimal. You can add music, audio, pictures and videos. An added bonus is that it will cite the free images used for you. Check it out and feel free to share links to your projects in the comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment